Chicken Tortilla Soup
2 cups cooked and cubed chicken breast,
2 cups diced avocado
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
4 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips and fried crisp in 1/4 cup oil
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/2 onion, chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, seeds and veins removed
2 cups chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons blended oil
2 each, corn tortillas cut into 1-inch squares
1/8 cup tomato paste
3 teaspoons ground cumin
2 quarts homemade chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth
Salt and pepper
- Prepare all the garnishes and set aside.
- In a food processor, mix the garlic, onions, jalapeño and tomatoes by pulsing 10 times or continuously for 10 seconds. It will look a little like mush. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom stock pan and when hot, cook corn tortilla 1-inch squares until crisp.
- Add the garlic mixture to the tortillas and stir in the tomato paste and cumin. Cook 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring often.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until liquid is reduced by 1/3, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Strain and adjust seasonings with salt, black pepper and cumin.
- To serve, ladle 6 to 8 ounces of soup in bowl and top with chicken, avocado, cheese, cilantro and fried tortilla strips.
You will learn the tips and tricks for creating flavorful delicious ribs using Chef Endy’s recipe and the Big Green Egg.
In this video you will get step-by-step directions for creating dessert perfection, using Big Green Egg cookers, quality ingredients and some time honored outdoor cooking methods.
You can almost taste the plump grilled shrimp and smoky sausage in this video.
Stay in touch with Alisal Ranch.
Sign up to hear the latest on special offers, news, and events happening at Alisal Ranch.