Last Updated: 2/3/2020
1. What information do we collect?
Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are, including but not limited to name, email address, postal address, signature, telephone phone number, and credit and debit card or other financial information (collectively, “Personally Identifiable Information”). We only collect personally identifiable information about you when you voluntarily provide such Personally Identifiable Information to us by using the Site. When interacting with our Site, this may include:
- contact information such as email address, name, address, etc.;
- passport and visa data, payment data, travel history and details of joint travelers;
- dates of your travel or stay with us and associated charges;
- purchase or delivery of products or services;
- contact information provided when signing up for our electronic newsletter;
- reviews and opinions about our property, products, and/or services; and/or
- information we receive about you from any third parties through whom you have booked your arrangements
- If you do not wish your personally identifiable information to be collected, please do not submit it. We do not collect or process sensitive data about you (e.g., race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs).
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual, but rather lumps your behavior or characteristics together with those of a group. We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on our Site in several ways. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. For instance, we may let advertisers know that 50% of our users are over 35 without disclosing the personal information of any one individual. This information may include the website’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that you just came from, which URL you go to next, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
(top of page)
2. Do we collect information from minors?
You must be at least 18 years old to have our permission to use this Site. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personally Identifiable Information about visitors that are under 18 years of age. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please use our online Contact Form.
(top of page)
3. How do we collect your information?
We collect data from you in different ways. Some of them are direct (for example when you sign up for our newsletter). Others are by visiting the Site or interacting with us even without having an account (such as through social media). Some other information may also be collected by simply visiting an affiliate or sales partner.
We will collect, store and process information about you if you voluntarily provide us with such information in connection with the following:
- filling in a form on any of our websites;
- making inquiries through our contact form;
- opting in to receive marketing information with us;
- subscribing to receive a communication from us (e.g. a newsletter, blog or by following us on social media);
- participating in a survey, competition, or prize draw; or
- contributing content to us (e.g. for display on an Alisal blog post).
- Through engaging with us on social media, you may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automated services and Interactions
As you interact with the Site, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns.
This may include information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type as well as details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site. We may also collect tracking data when you use the Site and/or the services, or when you click on one of our adverts.
We may also receive personal data about you from various types of third parties, including:
- Technical data and/or tracking data from analytics providers, advertising networks and search information providers; and
- Identity and contact data from deal and sales partners that you have agreed to share your information with us.
In the future, we may use an outside ad serving company to display banner advertisements on our Site. As part of their service, they will place a separate cookie on your computer. We will not provide any third-party ad server with any of your Personally Identifiable Information. We and our third party ad server will collect and use Non-Personally Identifiable Information about you, such as your IP address, browser type, the server your computer is logged onto, the area code and zip code associated with your server and whether you responded to a particular ad. Other advertisers may also place banner ads on our Site in the same manner as above, but we will not disclose any Personally Identifiable Information to them.
(top of page)
4. How do we use your information?
We routinely collect, compile, and report statistics and information reflecting the use of our Site and information services on our web servers and third-party servers to provide you with the best guest experience possible. We retain these types of information for the purposes of:
- communicating with you regarding your travel or stay with us;
- providing you with information about our property;
- delivering newsletters to subscribers;
- improving marketing and promotional efforts;
- improving the Site’s content and layout;
- enhancing advertising services;
- analyzing the Site usage; and/or
- generating aggregate reports on trends, interests and behavior.
We may also use your internet protocol address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the Site. Due to the communications standards on the World Wide Web, when you visit the Site, we automatically receive the URL of the website from which you came and the website to which you are going when you leave the Site. Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an advertisement or partner link on the Site. The Site also receives the internet protocol address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, email patterns, your mobile device (including your unique device identifier) and mobile operating system (if you are accessing the Site using a mobile device), as well as the name of your internet service provider or your mobile carrier.
We reserve the right to take any action we deem prudent or necessary to safeguard the Site and your Personally Identifiable Information in our systems and databases from malicious or unwarranted attack by viruses, hackers, or other miscreants.
Google Analytics Remarketing and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
Users can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings. To completely prevent advertising based upon your browsing behavior you should also disable the cookies in your browser. You can learn more about how to opt out here.
We offer free, electronic newsletters, updates and e-mail reminders as a service to our registrants, based upon your voluntary subscription. You will only receive an electronic newsletter if you have requested it (opted-in). We do not share our mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers or partners.
(top of page)
5. Do we disclose your information?
It is our policy not to sell, share, transfer, or rent to third parties any information you provide to us through the use of the Site without your written consent except as required by operation of the law or in compliance with legal authorities.
We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with certain third parties (“Target Third Parties”) without your written consent in order to further the purpose for which you voluntarily provide us with the information. We do provide some of our services through contractual arrangements with affiliates, services providers, partners and other third parties. We and our service partners use your Personally Identifiable Information to operate our sites and to deliver their services.
Additionally, we engage third party information management service providers to help maintain efficient operations. Because such information management service providers may access our systems, they may have access to your Personally Identifiable Information. We do not transfer or relinquish ownership of information maintained about you within our systems and databases to such information management service providers and require these information management service providers to sign confidentiality agreements to keep all confidential information and other proprietary information found in our systems confidential.
We may be required to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we have a reasonable belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share information when we believe it is reasonably necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Site. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies. All such sharing of information by you on the Site is done at your own risk.
Third Party Advertisers
We may also provide Non-Personally Identifiable Information about traffic patterns and related site information to third party advertisers. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., cookies) to collect information about your use of our website so that it can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That advertising may appear either on our Website, or on other websites. These statistics do not include any Personally Identifiable Information.
Please note that we strive to use only reputable third-party service providers; however, their use of your Personally Identifiable Information is governed solely by the privacy policies of those third-party service providers. We do not have control over policies and practices of third parties and we do not have any responsibility for their policies and practices.
Links to Third Party Sites
(top of page)
6. How long do we keep your information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
(top of page)
7. How do we protect your information?
The importance of security for your personal information is of utmost concern to us. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. You can be assured that we use commercially reasonable means consistent with current industry standards to protect your Personally Identifiable Information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Nevertheless, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. The information you share, whether on the site or through our social media outlets, may be viewed by any user of the Site.
(top of page)
8. What are your data privacy rights?
You may have rights under European and other laws to have access to your personal information and to ask us to rectify, erase and restrict use of, your personal information. You may also have rights to object to your personal information being used, to ask for the transfer of personal information you have made available to us and to withdraw consent to the use of your personal information. Further information on how to exercise your rights is set out below.
We will honor your rights under applicable data protection laws. You have the following rights under European laws, and may have similar rights under the laws of other countries.
- Right of subject access: The right to make a written request for details of your personal information and a copy of that personal information;
- Right to rectification: The right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed;
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”): The right to have certain personal information about you erased;
- Right to restriction of processing: The right to request that your personal information is only used for restricted purposes;
- Right to opt out of marketing: You can manage your marketing preferences by unsubscribe links found in the communications you receive from us or by visiting the Site;
- Right to object: The right to object to processing of your personal information in cases where our processing is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or we have let you know the processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests;
- Right to data portability: The right to ask for the personal information you have made available to us to be transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable format; and
- Right to withdraw consent: The right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us to handle your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
These rights are not absolute and they do not always apply in all cases.
In response to a request, we will ask you to verify your identity if we need to, and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better. If we do not comply with your request, whether in whole or in part, we will explain why.
In order to exercise your rights, please use our online Contact Form or otherwise contact us pursuant to the “How Can You Contact Us About This Policy?” section below.
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please use our online Contact Form to make any requests.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
(top of page)
9. How can you change or delete your personally identifiable information?
You can make the following choices regarding your Personally Identifiable Information:
You can provide us with your email address so we can send you newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials. If you don’t want to receive these promotional emails from us, you can unsubscribe from our newsletter list by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of our emails. Please allow up to 4 weeks for unsubscribe requests to be processed. You will still receive transactional or service-related email communications from us for things like your reservation information or your stay at our property.
Deletion of Your Personally Identifiable Information
You may request that we delete your Personally Identifiable Information by contacting us using our online Contact Form and we will delete such Personal Information to the extent required by law.
Please note that after we process a change or delete your Personally Identifiable Information from our active systems and databases, it is possible that non-active residual copies of your information may still exist in our systems and on archive or backup media.
Revocation of Consent
You may revoke consent, or object, to specific processing of your Personally Identifiable Information by contacting us using our online Contact Form. If you revoke your consent for the processing of Personally Identifiable Information, then we may no longer be able to provide you services including transactional emails that may include information about upcoming or past stays at our property. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
Access to Your Personally Identifiable Information
If required by law (see the “What Are Your Data Privacy Rights” section above), upon request, we will grant you with reasonable access to the Personally Identifiable Information that we have about you. You may request access to your Personal by contacting us using our online Contact Form.
(top of page)
The Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort has made every effort to ensure that this website is accurate. That said, discrepancies can occur, and we apologize in advance if this has happened. The Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort, its agencies, representatives, and agents accept no responsibility for errors and omissions however caused. If you find an inconsistency in this web site, and wish to bring this to our attention, please feel free to notify us by contacting us using our Contact form.
(top of page)
11. How can you contact us about this policy?
Online Contact Form: alisal.com/connect/
Alisal Guest Ranch and Resort
1054 Alisal Rd
Solvang, CA 93463
Attn: General Manager