Last Updated: 2/3/2020
1. What Information Do We Collect?
Personally Identifiable Information:
This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are, including but not limited to name, email address, postal address, signature, telephone phone number, and credit and debit card or other financial information (collectively, “Personally Identifiable Information”). We only collect personally identifiable information about you when you voluntarily provide such Personally Identifiable Information to us by using the Site. When interacting with our Site, this may include:
- contact information such as email address, name, address, etc.;
- passport and visa data, payment data, travel history and details of joint travelers;
- dates of your travel or stay with us and associated charges;
- purchase or delivery of products or services;
- contact information provided when signing up for our electronic newsletter;
- reviews and opinions about our property, products, and/or services; and/or
- information we receive about you from any third parties through whom you have booked your arrangements
If you do not wish your personally identifiable information to be collected, please do not submit it. We do not collect or process sensitive data about you (e.g., race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs).
Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual, but rather lumps your behavior or characteristics together with those of a group. We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on our Site in several ways. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. For instance, we may let advertisers know that 50% of our users are over 35 without disclosing the personal information of any one individual. This information may include the website’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that you just came from, which URL you go to next, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
(top of page)
2. Do We Collect Information From Minors?
You must be at least 18 years old to have our permission to use this Site. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personally Identifiable Information about visitors that are under 18 years of age. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please use our online Contact Form.
3. How Do We Collect Your Information?
We collect data from you in different ways. Some of them are direct (for example when you sign up for our newsletter). Others are by visiting the Site or interacting with us even without having an account (such as through social media). Some other information may also be collected by simply visiting an affiliate or sales partner.
We will collect, store and process information about you if you voluntarily provide us with such information in connection with the following:
- filling in a form on any of our websites;
- making inquiries through our contact form;
- opting in to receive marketing information with us;
- subscribing to receive a communication from us (e.g. a newsletter, blog or by following us on social media);
- participating in a survey, competition, or prize draw; or
- contributing content to us (e.g. for display on an Alisal blog post).
Through engaging with us on social media, you may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automated services and Interactions
As you interact with the Site, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns.
This may include information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type as well as details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site. We may also collect tracking data when you use the Site and/or the services, or when you click on one of our adverts.
We may also receive personal data about you from various types of third parties, including:
- Technical data and/or tracking data from analytics providers, advertising networks and search information providers; and
- Identity and contact data from deal and sales partners that you have agreed to share your information with us.
In the future, we may use an outside ad serving company to display banner advertisements on our Site. As part of their service, they will place a separate cookie on your computer. We will not provide any third-party ad server with any of your Personally Identifiable Information. We and our third party ad server will collect and use Non-Personally Identifiable Information about you, such as your IP address, browser type, the server your computer is logged onto, the area code and zip code associated with your server and whether you responded to a particular ad. Other advertisers may also place banner ads on our Site in the same manner as above, but we will not disclose any Personally Identifiable Information to them.
4. How Do We Use Your Information?
We routinely collect, compile, and report statistics and information reflecting the use of our Site and information services on our web servers and third-party servers to provide you with the best guest experience possible. We retain these types of information for the purposes of:
- communicating with you regarding your travel or stay with us;
- providing you with information about our property;
- delivering newsletters to subscribers;
- improving marketing and promotional efforts;
- improving the Site’s content and layout;
- enhancing advertising services;
- analyzing the Site usage; and/or
- generating aggregate reports on trends, interests and behavior.
We may also use your internet protocol address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the Site. Due to the communications standards on the World Wide Web, when you visit the Site, we automatically receive the URL of the website from which you came and the website to which you are going when you leave the Site. Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an advertisement or partner link on the Site. The Site also receives the internet protocol address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, email patterns, your mobile device (including your unique device identifier) and mobile operating system (if you are accessing the Site using a mobile device), as well as the name of your internet service provider or your mobile carrier.
We reserve the right to take any action we deem prudent or necessary to safeguard the Site and your Personally Identifiable Information in our systems and databases from malicious or unwarranted attack by viruses, hackers, or other miscreants.
Google Analytics Remarketing and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
Users can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings. To completely prevent advertising based upon your browsing behavior you should also disable the cookies in your browser. You can learn more about how to opt out here.
We offer free, electronic newsletters, updates and e-mail reminders as a service to our registrants, based upon your voluntary subscription. You will only receive an electronic newsletter if you have requested it (opted-in). We do not share our mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers or partners.
5. Do We Disclose Your Information?
It is our policy not to sell, share, transfer, or rent to third parties any information you provide to us through the use of the Site without your written consent except as required by operation of the law or in compliance with legal authorities.
We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with certain third parties (“Target Third Parties”) without your written consent in order to further the purpose for which you voluntarily provide us with the information. We do provide some of our services through contractual arrangements with affiliates, services providers, partners and other third parties. We and our service partners use your Personally Identifiable Information to operate our sites and to deliver their services.
Additionally, we engage third party information management service providers to help maintain efficient operations. Because such information management service providers may access our systems, they may have access to your Personally Identifiable Information. We do not transfer or relinquish ownership of information maintained about you within our systems and databases to such information management service providers and require these information management service providers to sign confidentiality agreements to keep all confidential information and other proprietary information found in our systems confidential.
We may be required to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we have a reasonable belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share information when we believe it is reasonably necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Site. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies. All such sharing of information by you on the Site is done at your own risk.
Third Party Advertisers
We may also provide Non-Personally Identifiable Information about traffic patterns and related site information to third party advertisers. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., cookies) to collect information about your use of our website so that it can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That advertising may appear either on our Website, or on other websites. These statistics do not include any Personally Identifiable Information.
Please note that we strive to use only reputable third-party service providers; however, their use of your Personally Identifiable Information is governed solely by the privacy policies of those third-party service providers. We do not have control over policies and practices of third parties and we do not have any responsibility for their policies and practices.
Links to Third Party Sites
6. How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. How Do We Protect Your Information?
The importance of security for your personal information is of utmost concern to us. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. You can be assured that we use commercially reasonable means consistent with current industry standards to protect your Personally Identifiable Information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Nevertheless, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. The information you share, whether on the site or through our social media outlets, may be viewed by any user of the Site.
8. What Are Your Data Privacy Rights?
You may have rights under European and other laws to have access to your personal information and to ask us to rectify, erase and restrict use of, your personal information. You may also have rights to object to your personal information being used, to ask for the transfer of personal information you have made available to us and to withdraw consent to the use of your personal information. Further information on how to exercise your rights is set out below.
We will honor your rights under applicable data protection laws. You have the following rights under European laws, and may have similar rights under the laws of other countries.
- Right of subject access: The right to make a written request for details of your personal information and a copy of that personal information;
- Right to rectification: The right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed;
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”): The right to have certain personal information about you erased;
- Right to restriction of processing: The right to request that your personal information is only used for restricted purposes;
- Right to opt out of marketing: You can manage your marketing preferences by unsubscribe links found in the communications you receive from us or by visiting the Site;
- Right to object: The right to object to processing of your personal information in cases where our processing is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or we have let you know the processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests;
- Right to data portability: The right to ask for the personal information you have made available to us to be transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable format; and
- Right to withdraw consent: The right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us to handle your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
These rights are not absolute and they do not always apply in all cases.
In response to a request, we will ask you to verify your identity if we need to, and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better. If we do not comply with your request, whether in whole or in part, we will explain why.
In order to exercise your rights, please use our online Contact Form or otherwise contact us pursuant to the “How Can You Contact Us About This Policy?” section below.
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please use our online Contact Form to make any requests.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
9. How Can You Change or Delete Your Personally Identifiable Information?
You can make the following choices regarding your Personally Identifiable Information:
You can provide us with your email address so we can send you newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials. If you don’t want to receive these promotional emails from us, you can unsubscribe from our newsletter list by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of our emails. Please allow up to 4 weeks for unsubscribe requests to be processed. You will still receive transactional or service-related email communications from us for things like your reservation information or your stay at our property.
Deletion of Your Personally Identifiable Information
You may request that we delete your Personally Identifiable Information by contacting us using our online Contact Form and we will delete such Personal Information to the extent required by law.
Please note that after we process a change or delete your Personally Identifiable Information from our active systems and databases, it is possible that non-active residual copies of your information may still exist in our systems and on archive or backup media.
Revocation of Consent
You may revoke consent, or object, to specific processing of your Personally Identifiable Information by contacting us using our online Contact Form. If you revoke your consent for the processing of Personally Identifiable Information, then we may no longer be able to provide you services including transactional emails that may include information about upcoming or past stays at our property. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
Access to Your Personally Identifiable Information
If required by law (see the “What Are Your Data Privacy Rights” section above), upon request, we will grant you with reasonable access to the Personally Identifiable Information that we have about you. You may request access to your Personal by contacting us using our online Contact Form.
The Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort has made every effort to ensure that this website is accurate. That said, discrepancies can occur, and we apologize in advance if this has happened. The Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort, its agencies, representatives, and agents accept no responsibility for errors and omissions however caused. If you find an inconsistency in this web site, and wish to bring this to our attention, please feel free to notify us by contacting us using our Contact form.
11. How Can You Contact Us About This Policy?
Online Contact Form: alisal.com/connect/
Alisal Guest Ranch and Resort
1054 Alisal Rd
Solvang, CA 93463
Attn: General Manager
This Website is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older, and reside in the United States or any of its territories or possessions. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
3. Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any product or service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for both:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
While we cannot prevent children under 13 from viewing the Site, children under the age of 13 may not use or register for the services offered on the Site or purchase merchandise through the Site. We strongly encourage parents and guardians to supervise the activity of all children under the age of 18 when using the Internet.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by the Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: email@example.com.
The Company name, the terms Alisal, Alisal Guest Ranch, Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort, Alisal Guest Ranch and Resort, The Alisal, the Company logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
7. Prohibited Uses
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material [without our prior written consent], including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
8. User Contributions
The Website may contain message boards, forums, bulletin boards, social media features, and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Website.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Website, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Website.
9. Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. You waive and hold harmless the company and its affiliates, licensees, and service providers from any claims resulting from any action taken by any of the foregoing parties during, or taken as a consequence of, investigations by either such parties or law enforcement authorities.
However, we do not undertake to review material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
10. Content Standards
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
11. Copyright Infringement
If you believe that any User Contributions violate your copyright, please email us for instructions on sending us a notice of copyright infringement. It is the policy of the Company to remove contributions of repeat infringers.
12. Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
13. Changes to the Website
We may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
14. Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
15. Linking to the Website and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
This Website may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on this Website.
- Send emails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this Website.
- Cause limited portions of content on this Website to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with, and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Website or portions of it to be displayed on, or appear to be displayed by, any other site, for example, framing, deep linking, or in-line linking.
- Link to any part of the Website other than the homepage.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to stop. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
16. Links From the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and content or resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
17. Geographic Restrictions
The owner of the Website is based in the State of California in the United States. We provide this Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
18. Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. To the fullest extent provided by law, we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data, or other proprietary material due to your use of the website or any services or items obtained through the website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Your use of the website, its content, and any services or items obtained through the website is at your own risk. The website, its content, and any services or items obtained through the website are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Neither the company nor any person associated with the company makes any warranty or representation with respect to the completeness, security, reliability, quality, accuracy, or availability of the website. Without limiting the foregoing, neither the company nor anyone associated with the company represents or warrants that the website, its content, or any services or items obtained through the website will be accurate, reliable, error-free, or uninterrupted, that defects will be corrected, that our site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components, or that the website or any services or items obtained through the website will otherwise meet your needs or expectations.
To the fullest extent provided by law, the company hereby disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, statutory, or otherwise, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, and fitness for particular purpose.
The foregoing does not affect any warranties that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
19. Amendments and Corrections to Content (Instead of Product Descriptions)
We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or reliability of information appearing on the Site. The Site may contain errors and omissions relating to product description, pricing and availability. We reserve the right to correct or update errors or omissions and to change information at our discretion without prior notice. We also reserve the right to cancel an order for a product in the event of an error or omission in the description of such product, including incorrect pricing information, whether due to a typographical error, an error in information received from our suppliers, or otherwise.
20. User Responsibilities
For certain activities you conduct on the Site, you may receive or have received an account name and a password. We retain ownership of your account and license it to you on a limited, nonexclusive basis for the duration of your account activation. It is solely your responsibility to keep your account information and password secure. You must not disclose your password to anyone except persons whom you have authorized to use your account, and you assume all resulting liability from use of the Site for such authorized person(s). You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security of which you know or suspect. We disclaim all liability arising from or related to your failure to keep your account name and password secure.
21. Promotional Messages
We may, from time to time, send email messages to you containing advertisements and/or promotions to the email address you provide us. By providing us with an email address, you are explicitly consenting to receiving email messages from us or our affiliates.
22. Online Purchases and Other Terms and Conditions
By placing an order for products or services from this website, you affirm that you are of legal age to enter into this agreement, and you accept and are bound by these terms and conditions. You affirm that if you place an order on behalf of an organization or company, you have the legal authority to bind any such organization or company to these terms and conditions.
You may not order or obtain products or services from this website if you (a) do not agree to these terms, (b) are not the older of (I) at least 18 years of age or (ii) legal age to form a binding contract with alisal guest ranch & resort, or (c) are prohibited from accessing or using this website or any of this website’s contents, goods or services by applicable law.
- Goods and/or services offered. We use our website to sell physical gift cards, virtual gift cards, branded & non-branded merchandise, amenities such as gift baskets for delivery to guest rooms, and prepared food available for pick-up at one or more of our restaurant locations.
- Secure, Encrypted Checkout. Our checkout processes, and our entire website at Alisal.com, are secured with 256-bit SSL encryption.
- Credit Card Information. Your credit card information is never stored on our servers. Our checkout processes are regularly audited by our payment processors to ensure PCI compliance.
- Prices and Payment Terms.
- Prices posted on this Site may be different than prices offered by us at the resort or other locations. All prices, discounts, and promotions posted on this Site are subject to change without notice. The price charged for a product or service will be the price in effect at the time the order is placed and will be set out in your order confirmation email. Price increases will only apply to orders placed after such changes. Posted prices may not include taxes or charges room delivery. All such taxes and charges will be added to your merchandise total, and will be itemized in your shopping cart and in your order confirmation email. We strive to display accurate price information, however we may, on occasion, make inadvertent typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions related to pricing and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time and to cancel any orders arising from such occurrences.
- Terms of payment are within our sole discretion and, unless otherwise agreed by us in writing, payment must be received by us before our acceptance of an order. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and Diners Club, cards for all purchases. You represent and warrant that (i) the credit card information you supply to us is true, correct and complete, (ii) you are duly authorized to use such credit card for the purchase, (iii) charges incurred by you will be honored by your credit card company, (iv) you will pay charges incurred by you at the posted prices, including shipping and handling charges and all applicable taxes, if any, regardless of the amount quoted on the Site at the time of your order, and (v) you authorize us to charge your payment method the stated amount.
- Returns and Refunds. Except for any products designated on the Site as final sale or non-returnable. Refunds are processed within approximately three business days of our receipt of your merchandise. Your refund will be credited back to the same payment method used to make the original purchase on the Site. We offer no refunds on any products on this site not designated as refundable or returnable.
- Cancellations and Changes to Orders. Our order cancellation, order change, shipping policies, and contact information vary by product category as noted below:
- Gift Baskets.
- Changes and Cancelations. We will accept an order cancelation and refund of the purchase, provided such cancelation is made within 24 hours of scheduled delivery to your room with valid proof of purchase. To cancel product orders, you must contact our Food and Beverage Department at (805) 686-7633 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Food Allergies, Special Requests. For each order of food and beverage items or packages, you will have an opportunity to include a note or special request for the Alisal Resort Food and Beverage Department. You are responsible for informing us of any allergies or other food restrictions that you are subject to. We are not liable for your failure to notify us of any allergies or food restrictions when you make an order through the site.
- Gift Cards.
- Changes and Cancelations. We will accept an order cancelation and refund of the purchase, provided such cancelation is made within 24 hours of order completion with valid proof of purchase. To cancel product orders, you must contact our Gift Card Fulfillment Department at (805) 686-7684 or at email@example.com.
- Shipping. Physical Gift Cards are mailed via USPS, First Class. You should expect to receive your Gift Card to arrive within 5-7 business days from your date of order.
- Restaurant Orders.
- Changes and Cancelations. We do not accept order cancelations, nor do we issue refunds for Restaurant orders. All sales are final upon completion of your order. If you have questions about your order, you may contact our Executive Chef at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gift Baskets.
- Fees and Taxes. An eighteen percent (18%) service charge will automatically be applied to the following order types: “Fixins and Provisions” orders and “Gift Baskets” orders. All product and service purchases made through the Site are subject to a 7.75% local sales tax, which will be applied at the time of purchase. Gift Cards, both physical and virtual, are NOT subject to local sales tax.
24. Limitation of Liability for Use of the Website
To the fullest extent provided by law, in no event will the company, its affiliates, or their licensors, service providers, employees, agents, officers, or directors be liable for damages of any kind, under any legal theory, arising out of or in connection with your use, or inability to use, the website, any websites linked to it, any content on the website or such other websites, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, including but not limited to, personal injury, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of business or anticipated savings, loss of use, loss of goodwill, loss of data, and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract, or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
25. Limitation of Liability for Products and Services You Order
To the fullest extent provided by law, in no event will the collective liability of the company and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their licensors, service providers, employees, agents, officers, and directors, to any party (regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) exceed the greater of $500 or the amount you have paid to the company for the applicable product, or service out of which liability arose.
The limitation of liability set out above does not apply to liability resulting from our gross negligence or willful misconduct.
The foregoing does not affect any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
26. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
You and we agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity hereof or the Use of the Site or regarding Communications or Claims (collectively, “Disputes”) will be settled by binding arbitration, except that each party retains the right: (i) to bring an individual action in small claims court, and (ii) to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in the California state courts (as defined below) to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a party’s copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents or other intellectual property rights (the action described in the foregoing clause (ii), an “IP Protection Action”).
- Arbitrator Restrictions. Unless both you and we otherwise agree in writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of any class, jury or representative proceeding. If this “Arbitrator Restrictions” section is held unenforceable, then the entirety of this “Arbitration” section will be deemed void, and the parties shall be bound by the surviving dispute resolution sections of this Agreement. Except as provided in the preceding sentence, this “Arbitration” section will survive any termination of this Agreement.
- Arbitration Rules. The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by this “Dispute Resolution” section. (The AAA Rules are available on the ADR website or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879.) The Federal Arbitration Act will govern the interpretation and enforcement of this Section.
- Time Limit
You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, you must submit any Disputes for arbitration within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever banned.
28. Waiver and Severability
29. Entire Agreement
30. Alisal.com Accessibility Statement
Updated: August 2019.
Alisal.com strives to ensure that its services are accessible to people with disabilities. Alisal.com has invested a significant amount of resources to help ensure that its website is made easier to use and more accessible for people with disabilities, with the strong belief that every person has the right to live with dignity, equality, comfort and independence.
- Accessibility on Alisal.com
Alisal.com makes available the UserWay Website Accessibility Widget that is powered by a dedicated accessibility server. The software allows Alisal.com to improve its compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
- Enabling the Accessibility Menu
The Alisal.com accessibility menu can be enabled by clicking the accessibility menu icon that appears on the corner of the page. After triggering the accessibility menu, please wait a moment for the accessibility menu to load in its entirety.
Alisal.com continues its efforts to constantly improve the accessibility of its site and services in the belief that it is our collective moral obligation to allow seamless, accessible and unhindered use also for those of us with disabilities.
Despite our efforts to make all pages and content on Alisal.com fully accessible, some content may not have yet been fully adapted to the strictest accessibility standards. This may be a result of not having found or identified the most appropriate technological solution.
31. Service Charges
The Alisal’s 20% service charge is intended to eliminate the need for our guests to tip individual employees, as well as cover the cost of a variety of amenities provided to our guests. These include two water canteens and a bottle of Alisal wine at check-in, daily newspapers, complimentary WiFi internet access, fitness center, complimentary shuttles to and from Solvang village center, nightly hors d’oeuvres in the Oak Room bar, complimentary bicycles, wine tasting with Alisal wine partners, scheduled and seasonal entertainment and a variety of children’s activities including barnyard and Kid’s arts and crafts room.
32. We’re Here for You
If you are experiencing difficulty with any content on Alisal.com or require assistance with any part of our site, please contact us during normal business hours as detailed below and we will be happy to assist.
33. Contact Us
If you wish to report an accessibility issue, have any questions or need assistance, please contact Alisal.com Customer Support as follows:
Online Contact Form: alisal.com/connect/
Phone: (800) 425-4725
FAX: (805) 688-2510
Alisal Guest Ranch and Resort
1054 Alisal Rd
Solvang, CA 93463
Attn: General Manager
Last updated: 2020-04-28